Food Safety and Quality Coordinator
Compensation: $52,075.00 - $104,060.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations
Founded in 1943, Brooklyn Brands is looking for rock stars to join our team. From our commercial bakery in New York, we bake the best cookies, cakes, and babkas around, which can be found in both small local stores and the largest retailers nationwide.
Brooklyn Brands is seeking a motivated and driven individual to join our team as Food Safety and Quality Coordinator. This role will be responsible for assisting the FSQA team in fulfilling FSQA-related duties. Responsibilities include developing, implementing, reviewing and organizing policies, procedures, and documentation.
- Assist with development, implementation and review of FSQA policies, procedures and documentation
- Maintain FSQA documents, records, binders, and filing
- Assist with logging and tracking of non-compliances and FSQA incidences, conduct investigations, coordinate follow-up, and bring outstanding issues to closure
- Assist with FSQA training and maintain training records
- Assist with third-party (AIB, SQF), government (FDA), and customer audits, organization, and follow-ups
- Conduct routine checks to verify proper recordkeeping
- Conduct follow-up with Managers to ensure corrective actions to deviations are being completed in a timely manner
- Assist and lead traceability and mock recall exercises
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Biology, Food Science, or related field and/or equivalent experience
- 1+ years previous experience with Quality Assurance in a food environment preferred
- Strong knowledge of local, state and federal laws and requirements to maintain compliance (FDA, FSMA)
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally, present information and direction and field questions from managers, employees and external contacts
- Must be a self-starter and have willingness to work independently and take ownership of job
- Must have the ability to effectively follow-up and handle multiple projects with strong personal time-management skills
- SQF certification experience a plus
- HACCP certification a plus
- PCQI certification a plus
- Bilingual (Spanish) skills helpful
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
- Competitive salary
- Medical insurance
- Paid vacation
Loading some great jobs for you...